Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils

> This is a first cut at adding hppa64 support to libtool in binutils.
> The same needs to done in gcc and in the libtool source.  Unfortunately,
> the binutils and gcc sources are somewhat out of sync, so it seems
> separate patches will be needed in each case.

David, I verified that if my GCC libtool patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00527.html) is applied to
GCC then your binutils patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00397.html) can be applied
to GCC with out any changes.  I put both patches to my local tree
(binutils and GCC) over the weekend and tested on PA32, PA64, and IA64
HP-UX and had no problems.  This would leave Loren Rittle's GCC libtool
patch (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg00234.html) as the
only difference between the binutils and GCC libtools.  Loren, do you
know of any reason this patch couldn't be applied to the binutils
libtool?

I applied it to my binutils tree with no apparent bad effects.  It
probably isn't needed in binutils but it would keep the two versions of
libtool in synch.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com