This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Wish to change dependency filenames in shared library
- From: Syed Faisal Akber <faisal at AKBER dot NET>
- To: Randy Sargent <rsargent at mail dot arc dot nasa dot gov>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:34:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Wish to change dependency filenames in shared library
Correct me if I'm wrong. I understand that if you set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable you do not need to change the hard coded values in
the compiled ELF binary. The loader should be smart enough to check this
path to find the libraries required.
Since you are using Linux, you can also look at modifying /etc/ld.so.conf
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Randy Sargent wrote:
> I have a need to modify dependency filenames in a shared library (elf, Linux
> x86 if relevant). It appears to me that the dependency filenames are
> included in the .dynstr section. Is there a reasonable way to modify these
> filenames, either with a pre-existing utility, or by writing a simple
> program using libbfd? (Assume that I do not have the ability to rebuild the
> library which needs to be modified).
> -- Randy
> Randy Sargent
> Computer Scientist
> Intelligent Robotics Group
> NASA Ames Research Center / QSS, Inc.