This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA:] Use refcount in SH ELF backend
- From: kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: stephen dot clarke at superh dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, joern dot rennecke at superh dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:08:17 +0900
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Use refcount in SH ELF backend
- References: <950C9FB45A23D04BBE6056AFE12938AD131F62@sh-us-ex01.us.w2k.superh.com>
"Clarke, Stephen" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've been looking at SHmedia-related problems in this area
> recently. I was thinking it may be necessary to introduce
> refcounts to get the gotplt relocations working properly,
> so I'm pleased you've done this.
Yes, it's desirable. Without it, we met nasty SH_NONE relocations
or bad relocations. GNU/linux SH guys have used the temporary
workarounds, but it's never the right thing to keep them over
> I've merged your patch into my working sources, with the above
> fixes. We are currently bringing up glibc on SH-5, so I'll let you
> know if I find any more issues.
Can you send your patch to the list when the tests are ended up?
Thanks for your comment.