Re: support for FreeBSD and GNU/FreeBSD

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 02:17:45PM +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Alan Modra writes:
>
> > Which "branding" scheme do you want to be default, the one somewhat
> > incompatible with the ELF standard or the one more grossly
> > incompatible?  ;)
>
> The grossly incompatible one, because that's the format that all
> FreeBSD kernel versions support.

I am not sure if GNU/FreeBSD should be anything special. For all I
know, the only reason FreeBSD wants a special target is to run some
very OLD static Linux binaries, which don't have the .note.ABI-tag
section. Why does anyone care about them? I don't think anyone will
miss much if Linux drops their support.

H.J.