This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Change an object file without explicit copying
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: André Hauser <aphauser at gmx dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 07:36:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: Change an object file without explicit copying
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:00:55AM +0200, André Hauser wrote:
> Dear forum,
> I want to use bfd to update an existing ELF file, i.e. open a bfd,
> perform some changes and save the file afterwards.
> Is there a way of doing this without copying the source file? I found
> only the two functions bfd_openw() and bfd_openr() for creating a new
> resp. opening a bfd; calling bfd_make_writable() in conjunction with
> bfd_openr() did not work, my object file wasn't updated after closing
> the bfd.
Have you tried libelf?