This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Fwd: binutils question
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:39:37 +0200
- Subject: Fwd: binutils question
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
I noticed that, windows excutables, generated with cygwin tools, have
some data in the binary, which is not part of any of the image sections.
It is located after the .stab* sections. If I strip with --strip-all
this data is removed. If strip with --strip-debug or --strip-unneeded
some of this data is left in the image.
What is this data used for ?