Re: new port: ip2k

At 11:20 PM +0400 7/2/02, Denis Chertykov wrote:

How can I got a new value of e_machine (EM_IP2K from include/elf/common.h) ?

I have sended mail to registry@caldera.com but havn't response.

Denis.
They responded to me about a month ago. It took a week or two, so be patient :-)

BTW, I received numbers 98 and 99 for two ports I had done a while ago, so it appears we're into the realm of 3 digit magic numbers...

BUT, since you already HAVE a customer base using whatever magic number was randomly chosen when the binutils port was first done, perhaps it's not such a great idea to get an official number (they won't sanction a random choice according to the guy who I spoke with via email.....)

-- Al

--
Quality Software Management
http://home.earthlink.net/~qsmgmt

Software Process Improvement / Management Consulting
Language Design / Compiler Implementation