This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- From: Jeff Law <law at porcupine dot slc dot redhat dot com>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, ross dot alexander at uk dot neceur dot com, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:48:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200207031920.g63JKan2026562@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David Anglin
>The brokeness of the HP linker seems to have been previously discovered.
>See code around line 1452 in elflink.h. The test there tries to determine
>if the SHLINK field refers to a section that is not a string table.
>I guess the question is whether bogus values other than 0 can occur.
That code looks vaguely familiar. Yup, I wrote it back in 1999 when doing
the original support for PA64 ELF.
Unfortunately, I don't recall the range of potential bogus values that might
appear in the SHLINK field of the .dynamic section.
If possible, we should use the same work-around in both hunks of code.