This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- From: Jeff Law <law at porcupine dot slc dot redhat dot com>
- To: ross dot alexander at uk dot neceur dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:23:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <OF57EE2279.B5306762-ON80256BEA.0056AFF9@uk.neceur.com>, ross.alexan
> I don't mind producing a patch to create a workaround (it is very straight
> forward, for a change) or we could produce a program which 'corrects' the
> defective libraries. However, because these are system libraries, a lot
> of people may be unwilling to go near then.
I suspect "fixing" the defective libraries won't be palatable to most
folks. If we can engineer a clean workaround in bfd so that we can deal
with the broken libraries in a sane way that would probably be best.