Re: Reference to stub in libgcc.a

On 23 Jun 2002 20:57:17 +0100
Nick Clifton <nickc@cambridge.redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> > I want to compile a project for arm/thumb. The GCC 3.1 and the
> > binutils 2.12 are successfully compiled and installed for arm-elf
> > (on pc-linux-gnu host). The gcc produces an assembler-output with
> > "_call_via_r3". This stub exists definitely in the library libgcc.a,
> > but the linker (arm-elf-ld) does not link this stub. The linker-flag
> > is set to this directory, but arm-elf-ld produces the message
> > 'undefined reference to _call_via_r3'.
>
> What is the *exact* command line with which you are invoking
> arm-elf-ld ?  (If you are running the linker from gcc then try adding
> the -v command line switch).

the exact command line is
arm-elf-ld -T armscript -L/home/arm/programme/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.1 $(OBJECTS) -lc -o example.elf
where the -L/... is the directory which contains the libgcc.a (and a subdirectory thumb which contains the libgcc.a for thumb). An expanding to the complete libgcc.a name has no effect. armscript is a file for the ATMEL arm7tdmi-board containing information about target-cpu and memory.
The libgcc.a is not loaded at all (other stubs are also "undefined reference"s), neither in thumb-mode nor in 32-bit-arm-mode.

Thanks for your effords

Dirk.