Re: [patch] New target - Fujitsu FRV

Hi Dave,

> >Please use this year's date for the copyright notice on this and
> >other new files.

> I had always read that the copyright date in a file referred to the
> date on which the work was completed, not the date is is
> released. Can we double check this?

Certainly.  Standards.texi says:

  This copyright notice only needs to mention the most recent year in
  which changes were made---there's no need to list the years for
  previous versions' changes.  You don't have to mention the name of
  the program in these notices, if that is inconvenient, since it
  appeared in the first line.

I would consider adding a new file to the CVS repository to be a
change, so I feel that this year's date should be included on the
copyright line.  (I have no objection to previous years being
mentioned, I just feel that this year should be present as well).