Autotools are driving me mad

Hi all,

after regenerating configure and Makefile.in in the src/bfd directory,
nothing seems to work anymore. The autotools apparently have
difficulties with continuation lines. I'm working under cygwin and it
looks like a problem related to the autotool versions.

There is a note in src/README-maintainer-mode saying that special
versions of these tools shall be used. Does that apply to cygwin, too?
I thought that there was a special issue with autotools under cygwin
(see http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-12/msg00100.html). If I
change the tools, will there be repercussions elsewhere? Is it just me
or is this whole autotools business a mess?

Annoyed (sort of)
Stefan

Sie brauchen mehr Speicher für Ihre E-Mails? - http://premiummail.yahoo.de