Re: About libc

"Shrikar" <shrikar@poseidontech.com> writes:

> I have got a small doubt regarding glibc.
> For floating point arithemtic, does glibc follows  IEEE standard on all
> platforms ( platform idepedent ) ?
> More precisely If I have got a non IEEE floating point target or target
> doesnt support floating point arithmatic then glibc will insure that all
> flaoting point arithmatic is according to ieee 754/854 standard or not ?

Why ask on the binutils list?  I recommend that you ask on the glibc
list.

I suspect that the answer is no for a target which uses non-IEEE
floating point.  I doubt that glibc provides IEEE multiplication and
division routines on non-IEEE targets.  On a target with no floating
point support at all, gcc will normally provide IEEE compliant
arithmetic routines, so glibc will be IEEE compliant.

Ian