This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker SEARCH_DIR order
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:17:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: linker SEARCH_DIR order
- Organization: The NUXI BSD group
- References: <20020424123807.GQ31160@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
- Reply-to: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 10:08:07PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> Why is the default native linker search path in this order?
> /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib $prefix/$target/lib
> Wouldn't it be more sense to be reversed, or to match gcc,
> $prefix/$target/lib /usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib ?
I am very iffy on /usr/local/lib being anywhere but at the end of the
search list. $prefix/$target/lib does seem it should be first.