This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>,<kde-cygwin at mail dot kde dot org>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:08:54 +0200
- Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> Ok, I see what it does. Doesn't it have to do that for each reference to
> the auto-imported variable?
For each auto-imported variable an IMAGE_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR and an
IMPORT_THUNK_DATA element is necessary.
> If so, then heavy use of an imported variable could make the
> INT and IAT quite large - and lots of fixups
Yes, these are the costs.