This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: <kde-cygwin at mail dot kde dot org>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>,"Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:26:12 +0200
- Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> > Mostly. I'm a bit rusty - it's been a while since I grokked the
> > auto-import stuff. I'm getting back into it at the moment. The thing
> > that I don't follow at the moment is the how the linker fixup places the
> > exported data -variable- at a fixed rva at dll load time. The IAT is
> > -meant- to point straight to functions after the fixup occurs, so
> > pointing at an address in the .dll .text segment is fine.
> Not into the dll, into the client code.
I was wrong. ... points to a data variable address located in the dll, which may
be in the .text or .data or .bss segment of the dll, but the patched address
lies in the clients .text segment.