This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: want a,m,s,w,x when building gcc-3.1
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw dot uni-ulm dot de>
- Cc: Binutils List <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:31:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: want a,m,s,w,x when building gcc-3.1
- References: <1019891869.31177.1900.camel@mccallum>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 09:17:51AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> When cross-building gcc-3.1/CVS for i386-rtems (elf) with vanilla
> binutils-2.12, I am receiving hundreds of warnings similar to this:
> /tmp/ccCDyO9T.s:2104: Warning: Unrecognized .section attribute: want
> Any ideas what might be causing this?
This looks like you've configured gcc against binutils-2.12, but are using
some older binutils to assemble/link.