This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: cygwin ld import library issue fix (removing unused "_nm_" symbols)
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: Kde-Cygwin <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>,Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,Binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:33:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin ld import library issue fix (removing unused "_nm_" symbols)
- References: <000f01c1ee18$2c8739d0$d36707d5@BRAMSCHE>
Ralf Habacker wrote:
> ... and accessing var0000 in client.cc
> Do you have really read the dll.h ?
> #define vars() \
> <snip> ^^^^^^^
> the vars macro is called in client.cc !!
</me hangs head in shame>
sorry, I missed that var() was a macro. Thought it was a function.
You're right; you've demonstrated that your patch doesn't break
backwards compatibility. You've got my (tentative(*)) vote.
(*) tentative because I can't actually test it myself against HEAD,
given the pre-existing problem with binutils HEAD on pe386.