This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: "Kde-Cygwin" <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>,"Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:27:40 +0200
- Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> >A patch to use hint ordinals when linking by name would be _very_
> > >useful though, as that would
> > >a) give the performance benefit you are looking for
> > >b) allow backward compatible library versioning as link-by-name does.
> > But as I stated already, this needs an ld switch to
> > enable/disable ordinal linking and allow limiting of used libs or path
> Hangon, lets go back a bit. Why do you want ordinal-only linking? For
> runtime or link-time performance? Or for on-disk import library size?