This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: "Kde-Cygwin" <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>,"Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 04:02:12 +1000
- Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ralf Habacker [mailto:Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de]
> Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 10:17 PM
> To: Robert Collins; Charles Wilson
> Cc: Kde-Cygwin; Binutils; Cygwin-Apps
> Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> >A patch to use hint ordinals when linking by name would be _very_
> >useful though, as that would
> >a) give the performance benefit you are looking for
> >b) allow backward compatible library versioning as link-by-name does.
> But as I stated already, this needs an ld switch to
> enable/disable ordinal linking and allow limiting of used libs or path
Hangon, lets go back a bit. Why do you want ordinal-only linking? For
runtime or link-time performance? Or for on-disk import library size?