This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: cygwin ld import library issue fix (removing unused "_nm_" symbols)
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: "Kde-Cygwin" <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:35:54 +0200
- Subject: RE: cygwin ld import library issue fix (removing unused "_nm_" symbols)
> In theory, it looks good. However, have you tested the following:
> a) build a dll using an unmodified ld.
> b) build an app that uses that dll, and which accesses both a function
> export and a data export from the dll.
> c) rebuild the dll using your modified ld.
> d) does the app still work, without relinking?
Because the patch does only affect generating import library, this condition is
A real test is relinking the app with an unmodified ld. I'll send a testcase
protocol in the near furture.