This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Excude whole libs when building w32 dlls with -export-all
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Danny Smith" <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>,"binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:09:51 +1000
- Subject: RE: Excude whole libs when building w32 dlls with -export-all
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny Smith [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 5:48 PM
> To: binutils
> Cc: cygwin-apps
> Subject: Excude whole libs when building w32 dlls with -export-all
> The auto-export feature of ld for pe-dll targets would be
> more flexible with an option to exclude whole archive libs
> from export.
Can we detect libs and automatically exclude symbols from shared
i.e. when linking against libcygwin.a, ALL symbols therein are from a
dll, so -by default- should not be exported.
That would remove the need for many default exclusions, and be closer to
unix behaviour (as I understand it).