This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: problem with bfd update from 2001/12/17
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:32:18 +1000 (EST)
- Subject: Re: problem with bfd update from 2001/12/17
Thank you, Alan. The last patch fixes the problem on mingw.
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:46:15PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:31:15AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > list, for fast addition to the list. It's likely that the cygwin code
> > does some section list manipulation without properly adjusting the tail
> > pointer, then another section is added and the list is broken.
> It might be this one.
> * coffcode.h (coff_compute_section_file_positions): Set
> section_tail after shuffling section list.
Ah ha, more section list problems. bfd_make_readable is very likely
the culprit, and it's only used in pe-dll.c. The xcofflink.c bug
was benign, I think.
* opncls.c (bfd_make_readable): Call bfd_section_list_clear.
* xcofflink.c (xcoff_link_add_dynamic_symbols): Likewise.
http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!