This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: "Kde-Cygwin" <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>,"Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:25:40 +1000
- Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ralf Habacker [mailto:Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de]
> Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 10:23 AM
> To: Robert Collins; Charles Wilson
> Cc: Kde-Cygwin; Binutils; Cygwin-Apps
> Subject: RE: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
> > The PE spec (as I read it) indicates that as long as a name is
> > included (ie it's not link-only-by-ordinal) then ordinals
> can change
> > and nothing will break.
> > It's only when the only link information is the ordinal
> that problems
> > will appear.
> Or ld has a switch to explicit use ordinals (see other mails from me)
I don't see what such a switch gains. The hint ordinal should provide
the same performance as an ordinal-only-link.