This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: Kde-Cygwin <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>, Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:59:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: ordinal linking for cygwin ld
- References: <006101c1ed71$27f639e0$625d07d5@BRAMSCHE>
Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>I'm thinking about creating to areas, an internal and an external.
>>New releases of kdelibs and perhaps kdebase for example are build together. So
>>ordinal linking is not problem. -> internal area. Any other app may
>>be linked by name -> external area.
> That would cause the second solution I have told, normal import library and
> using a special linker switch for using ordinal linking.
Yeah, I think I like this -- but it should be used carefully in
foundation libraries like KDE (and Gnome), and only where you're
guaranteed that the ordinal-linked apps/dlls will always be upgraded
together. The potential for muck-up is high...