This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Fix visibility for MIPS (Re: 2 problems with ELF visibility)
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:53:06 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix visibility for MIPS (Re: 2 problems with ELF visibility)
- References: <20020422120657.A14601@lucon.org> <20020422124447.A15428@lucon.org>
On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:44:47PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> I am enclosing a patch here. Any comments?
> * elfxx-mips.c (mips_elf_link_hash_entry): Add forced_local.
> (mips_elf_link_hash_newfunc): Initialize forced_local to false.
> (mips_elf_record_global_got_symbol): Call _bfd_mips_elf_hide_symbol
> to hide a global symbol.
> (_bfd_mips_elf_hide_symbol): Return if forced_local is true. Set
> forced_local to true.
The idea seems reasonable, but why can't you use ELF_LINK_FORCED_LOCAL
instead of using a new flag?
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre