This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: linker SEARCH_DIR order
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- To: <George dot R dot Goffe at seagate dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:13:23 +0100
- Subject: RE: linker SEARCH_DIR order
George R. Goffe wrote:
> Yes. I've tried this but I still see configure "talking" about
> /usr/ccs/bin. I'va also tried setting the PATH variable with
> NO effect. I will NOT remove binaries to get around this problem. I
> should be fixed. Sigh...
If you look at the script, the search order in your case would be:
so you can install or link your preferred assembler from any of those.
Ditto the linker. It will try /usr/ccs/bin/as before it searches the
These are just simple shell scripts: I'm sure you'd be capable of
modifying the behaviour and submitting a patch yourself.
For what it's worth, --with-as and --with-ld work for me on Solaris 2.8
using CVS GCC 3.1.