This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mips n32 vs gdb
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Thiemo Seufer <seufer at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:42:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: mips n32 vs gdb
- References: <20020415175546.A27887@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> This little addition means gdb can't open n32 binaries.
I added this test on purpose. I have here a partially working
implementation for n32 support which uses it's own bfd vectors,
elf32-mips.c shouldn't recognize n32 objects then.
> 2002-04-04 Thiemo Seufer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> (mips_elf32_object_p): Rename from _bfd_mips_elf_object_p and made
> static. Let it refuse n32 objects.
> I've reverted this fragment.
Please don't do so. Otherwise I will have to introduce it again
when I add the framework for n32 support.