This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Handle R_ALPHA_NONE
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:45:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Handle R_ALPHA_NONE
- References: <20020415160240.A27906@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 04:51:09PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 16:02, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > I got a few R_ALPHA_NONEs in ld.so with binutils 22.214.171.124.4 and gcc
> > 2.96-109. I need this patch to compile glibc on alpha.
> How about fixing ld? It shouldn't emit these relocations. The very
> least which should be done to the patch is to disable it for ld.so's
> first relocation.
The issue is ELF/alpha allocates more relocation entries for ld.so than
needed. The extra entries are filled with R_ALPHA_NONE. combreloc puts
R_ALPHA_NONE before R_ALPHA_GLOB_DAT.