This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Cross-gprof cleanup in gmon_io
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Ethan Solomita <ethan at cs dot columbia dot edu>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:54:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Cross-gprof cleanup in gmon_io
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <3CB74765.B7D0D6E0@cs.columbia.edu>
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:45:25PM -0700, Ethan Solomita wrote:
> There were recently some changes to gprof intended to support
> cross-compilation. Unfortunately they seem to have broken gprof for
> users of 64-bit sparc kernels. Almost always, user apps are 32-bit, and
> historically gprof (being built in user space) expected the kernel to
> supply it with 32-bit longs and pointers.
It actually *fixed* this problem for NetBSD/sparc64.
-- Jason R. Thorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org>