This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] bfd_close should write if file is writable.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: msnyder at cygnus dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:59:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] bfd_close should write if file is writable.
- References: <200204121844.g3CIiYR11905@reddwarf.sfbay.redhat.com>
The only time this would make a difference is if the bfd is open for
"update". Is it possible that only a portion of the bfd has been read
in (the part being updated)? I wonder what would happen if it tried
to write out the bfd when it only had a portion in memory?
Just thinking out loud...