This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Changing GAS for ARM to accept semicolon as a comment character ?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, linux-arm at lists dot arm dot linux dot org dot uk
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:03:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Changing GAS for ARM to accept semicolon as a comment character ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> From: Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
> Date: 12 Apr 2002 11:53:56 +0100
> GAS for the ARM currently supports ';' as a line separator character
> and '@' as a line comment character. Would anyone object to my
> changing this so that ';' was also a line comment character and
> dropping the support for multiple instructions on a single line ?
> (Or else choosing a different character for a line separator).
Support for multiple instructions on the same line is often used from
asm() statements in gcc.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>