This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Changing GAS for ARM to accept semicolon as a comment character ?
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, linux-arm at lists dot arm dot linux dot org dot uk
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:54:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Changing GAS for ARM to accept semicolon as a comment character ?
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:53:56AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> GAS for the ARM currently supports ';' as a line separator character
> and '@' as a line comment character. Would anyone object to my
> changing this so that ';' was also a line comment character and
> dropping the support for multiple instructions on a single line ?
> (Or else choosing a different character for a line separator).
It is quite common to have pre-processed assembly code which has multi-line
macros with semi-colons in it, e.g.:
#define DO_SOMETHING \
insn1 ; \
insn2 ; \
insn3 ; \
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>