This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Embellishing fbsd_* emulations
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: David O'Brien <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:59:53 +0930
- Subject: Re: Embellishing fbsd_* emulations
- References: <20020411163152.A49683@dragon.nuxi.com>
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:31:52PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> Now that I have my set of emulations (fbsd_*) to play with, I would like
> to set i_ehdrp->e_ident[EI_OSABI] = ELFOSABI_FREEBSD and add a
> .note.ABI-tag section. How would I do that [using ld/emulparams/*_fbsd.sh]?
There are currently no hooks to allow changing EI_OSABI from the linker.
prep_headers clears anything that you might set up with the emulation
code, although I suppose that could be changed. The normal way to
change EI_OSABI is via elf_backend_post_process_headers, which means
you'd need a new bfd target.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre