This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Embellishing fbsd_* emulations
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:00:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Embellishing fbsd_* emulations
- References: <20020411163152.A49683@dragon.nuxi.com>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:31:52 -0700
> From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
> Now that I have my set of emulations (fbsd_*) to play with, I would like
> to set i_ehdrp->e_ident[EI_OSABI] = ELFOSABI_FREEBSD and add a
> .note.ABI-tag section. How would I do that [using ld/emulparams/*_fbsd.sh]?
You really don't want to do the first one. For the second one, you
don't do that in ld; typically, you would add it into crt0 in your
For instance, look at how linux sets EI_OSABI to ELFOSABI_LINUX (it
doesn't), and how it includes a note section (by putting it in
crtsomething in glibc).
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>