This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Philip Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:56:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <20020406220907.A1863@dr-evil.shagadelic.org> <1018174652.403.5.camel@kc>
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 11:17:31AM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> That is not really what the EI_OSABI field is for. It is intended to
> identify the ABI in a wider sense, so that you can ascribe meanings to
> things like reloc numbers. If your object files are compatible with
> what elfarm-nabi.c produces, you should stick with ELFOSABI_ARM.
Ok, after discussing it offline with Richard some more, "I cave".
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>