How to summit patches for new cpu platform?

Hi,

I'm porting binutils to a new CPU, well, not so new,
its DLX - a paper CPU described in the Hennessy and
Patterson's Computer Architedcture book.  there are
gcc support for DLX (2.7.3 I believe) but I can not
find binutils support for this little CPU to complete
the GNU tool support.

binutils-2.11.2 has been ported and I'm doing the test
right now, will work on binutils-2.12 once I have
enough test done on binutils-2.11.2.  Can someone tell
me how do I submmit the patches back to GNU binutils?
what level of testing need to be done? I only have
access to GNU/LINUX intel machine so all I can do is
test on that platform.

Thanks for the info.

Kuang