This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Gas Problems
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:20:09 +0930
- Subject: Re: Gas Problems
- References: <003801c1b99c$ff353b80$05000006@default-users> <20020411102107.GE1042@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 07:51:07PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> These regressions were introduced with x86_64 support. I think the
> tc-i386.c:process_suffix patch will fix the problem, but I'd like an
> OK from the x86_64 maintainers. Frankly, I'd rather have broken
> intel mode support, especially as you can just leave off the
> "qword ptr", rather than having broken x86_64 linux support.
> * config/tc-i386.c (process_suffix): Ignore QWORD_MNEM_SUFFIX if
FAIL: x86-64 opcode
Forget that idea..
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre