This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Delete abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:44:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Delete abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> From: Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: 10 Apr 2002 09:21:01 +0100
> I became fed up with the ar test in the binutils subdirectory
> leaving files called abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1 and
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz2 lying around afterwords, so I have
> applied the patch below.
This will work, but it's better to use 'file delete $file1 $file2'.
'exec' can sometimes cause problems, and is always less efficient.
> + exec rm -f $file1 $file2
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>