Converting Coff to Elf

Hai all
I have a COFF program which was compiled in SCO Unix with Motif. I am able to run the program in RH 5.2, but not in higher versions. I tried to convert the file into ELF format using the command objcopy using the -I and -O options. But I am getting the message 'invalid bfd target'. Can any body please help me how to convert the file.
Thanks and regards
Sat

Thank you for choosing LinuxQuestions.
http://www.linuxquestions.org