This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] windres (ungarbled): (6) always define _WIN32
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com
- Cc: gunnar at danbbs dot dk, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:19:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] windres (ungarbled): (6) always define _WIN32
- References: <3C97C959.BCC58288@danbbs.dk> <20020409171816.244451C34E@north-pole.nickc.cambridge.redhat.com>
> I have not applied this patch. I am not sure if always defining
> _WIN32 is the right thing to do. I am not familiar with these tools,
> but it seems to me that they might be used in a non Win32 environment
> where defining _WIN32 would be wrong. Perhaps the patch should only
> add _WIN32 if the target is a Cygwin/Ming32 environment ?
I believe windres is build for linux also, for use with some of the
Borland development tools. Not by default, though.