This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] windres (ungarbled): (6) always define _WIN32
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: gunnar at danbbs dot dk
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:18:16 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] windres (ungarbled): (6) always define _WIN32
- References: <3C97C959.BCC58288@danbbs.dk>
: _WIN32 is always defined in MS rc.exe, like RC_INVOKED. It
: means !_MAC. windres can use another preprocessor command
: without this define if needed.
: 2002-03-19 Gunnar Degnbol <email@example.com>
: * resrc.c: Always define _WIN32
I have not applied this patch. I am not sure if always defining
_WIN32 is the right thing to do. I am not familiar with these tools,
but it seems to me that they might be used in a non Win32 environment
where defining _WIN32 would be wrong. Perhaps the patch should only
add _WIN32 if the target is a Cygwin/Ming32 environment ?