This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Linux-ia64] epilogue count exceeds number of nested prologues
- From: David Mosberger <davidm at napali dot hpl dot hp dot com>
- To: Randolph Chung <randolph at tausq dot org>
- Cc: linux-ia64 at linux-ia64 dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:52:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Linux-ia64] epilogue count exceeds number of nested prologues
- References: <20020408001714.GA7563@tausq.org>
- Reply-to: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
>>>>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:17:14 -0700, Randolph Chung <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
Randolph> Hi all, While trying to compile mozilla with libffi, the
Randolph> configure phase dies with a message:
Randolph> Error: Epilogue count of 4294967296 exceeds number of
Randolph> nested prologues (0)
Randolph> I see that this message comes from a patch submitted by
Randolph> David in February. Is libffi broken? What is needed to fix
Randolph> The offending assembly code is attached. it's the
Randolph> ".restore sp" near the end that is triggering the error.
This is a bug in the assembler that was fixed on Feb 22nd. I think
it should be in binutils-2.12, though I didn't not verify.