This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Philip Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- Cc: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:33:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> As a matter of fact I think there is a reasonable chance it will end
> up changing the way some of the GNU/Linux PIC relocs work. Even if
> that weren't the case, though, the way to indicate conformance to the
> ABI is to set EI_OSABI to zero, and that's what we should do.
Yes, we may deprecate some relocs that can reasonably be handled with
other existing relocs, but it should be possible to detect this by the
fact that a conforming toolchain will correctly set the E_FLAGS field.
However, we almost certainly won't be reallocating those that have been in
use (at least, not in the near future).