This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- From: Philip Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 08 Apr 2002 11:28:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- References: <200204081026.LAA01315@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 11:26, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Hmm, I think it would be far better to set EI_OSABI to ELFOSABI_NETBSD
> now, thus indicating that these files don't really conform to the EABI.
> Then, when the transition to the conforming ABI happens, we can set the
> field to 0, or whatever the ARM EABI mandates.
What does that gain you compared to leaving them as ELFOSABI_ARM?