This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Philip Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- Cc: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:26:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> In fact, if this is all you are interested in you could probably use
> EI_OSABI without introducing any new values. You can take ELFOSABI_ARM
> to mean your existing ABI, and assume that at the point binutils adopts
> an "official" ARM EABI it will start writing EI_OSABI as zero. (I still
> don't think it's a particularly good idea to use it for what you're
> proposing, but ...)
Hmm, I think it would be far better to set EI_OSABI to ELFOSABI_NETBSD
now, thus indicating that these files don't really conform to the EABI.
Then, when the transition to the conforming ABI happens, we can set the
field to 0, or whatever the ARM EABI mandates.