This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: objcopy --redefine-sym does not rename undefined symbols
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Nicolas Williams <Nicolas dot Williams at ubsw dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 10:53:22 +0930
- Subject: Re: objcopy --redefine-sym does not rename undefined symbols
- References: <20020405121019.F13553@sm2p1386swk.wdr.com>
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:10:20PM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> I need to be able to rename undefined symbols (don't ask :/ ).
Works with current CVS and 2.12 objcopy.
> Also, can the output of objdump generally be re-assembled into an
> object file equivalent to its input?
No. Some targets are quite close, eg. x86, others need quite a bit
of work in an editor.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre