This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gprof/sprof and shared libraries...again
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: "Braman, Paul" <Paul_Braman at tvratings dot com>
- Cc: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:29:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: gprof/sprof and shared libraries...again
- References: <D7AE404A1745D3119CD10008C7916E0C04519EEE@nmrusdunsx5.nielsenmedia.com>
On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:20:41PM -0500, Braman, Paul wrote:
> On Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:45 PM, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 10:27, Braman, Paul wrote:
> > >
> > > The question then becomes, "How do I profile the calls made *to*
> > > libprof.so?"
> > LD_PROFILE intercepts the calls to every exported interface in a DSO.
> > Nothing else, nothing more.
> Sounds like you are saying, "use LD_PROFILE". Unless I read that wrong,
> your reply answers my exact question. (Yes, that's a pretty obvious
Correct me if I am wrong. Ulrich was trying to say "LD_PROFILE
intercepts the calls to every exported interface made from a DSO."