This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Elf Header sh_addr field not according to spec
- From: Mike_Sorensen at arium dot com
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:40:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: Elf Header sh_addr field not according to spec
>> Is there someone out there that can tell me why there is a number in the ELF
>> section header for the .debug_abbrev section and why it is important in gcc
>> 2.9 and unimportant in gcc 3.0?
>It was likely a binutils bug, now fixed. Probably nothing to do with gcc,
>but you used a different version of binutils for each of your gcc versions.
I wasn't using binutils to see this discrepancy between what is in the
section header and what the ELF spec says should be in there. I can see
the problem through bit dumps of the ELF executable. Since this is not
a problem with binutils, do you know of a better place to ask my question.