This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: extending elf32-i386 BFD backend
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Graeme Peterson <gp at qnx dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:43:26 +0930
- Subject: Re: extending elf32-i386 BFD backend
- References: <200203281950.OAA2617386@gp2>
On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:50:00PM -0500, Graeme Peterson wrote:
> I did this by moving all but the last line of elf32-i386.c
> into a new file elf32-i386.h, which is then included at the
> top of both elf32-i386.c, and elf32-i386qnx.c.
I know we do that elsewhere in BFD, but I hate it due to problems
with debuggers. eg. with gdb-4.18 and gcc-2.95 I have trouble
putting breakpoints on anything within elflink.h, even after
allowing for name changes due to #defines.
Can you instead make elf32-i386.c support two targets, as
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre